Please Read all Instructions Before you Begin
Your Custom Foot Orthotic Impression kit includes (Figure A):
- 1 Impression Pillow
- 2 Impression Cores
- Order Form
You will also need:
A conventional oven or toaster oven & a timer
1. Place the Impression Pillow on the floor near the microwave or oven, in an area free of obstructions.
2. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. Place one Impression Core in the oven and heat for 2 minutes.
3. Remove the heated Impression Core from the oven and place it on the pillow locating the reference lines as shown in Figure B.
NOTE: The Impression Core will be very warm to the touch, so use caution.
4. Carefully locate your foot on the heated Impression Core with the back of the heel at the curved line as shown in Figure C. Be sure the foot is completely located on the Impression Core with the exception of the toes which may extend beyond it.
5. Stand with even weight on both feet, approximately shoulder width apart and a slight flex in both knees. Align the center of the knee over the center of the foot as shown in Figure D. Hold this position without moving, for at least one minute.
6. Remove partially cooled Impression core and carefully set it aside to finish cooling.
7. Repeat the process for the other foot.
NOTE: Impression Cores can be reheated and molded again if needed.
8. See Figure E. for an example of what the completed mold may look like.
9. Remove one of the insoles from your shoes and accurately trace it on the back of the Order Form. Fill out the customer information on the Order Form and be sure to include any other information you think will be helpful in designing your footbeds/orthotics.